Most of the information available on Syntropic Agroforestry is in Portuguese. In late-2018 English language content slowly became more widely available. I’m attempting to collect all of the English language resources in one easy to access location.
Multi-strata agroforestry, agrofloresta and successional agroforestry are terms often used interchangeably with Syntropic Agroforestry. However Syntropic Agroforestry is being used to specifically refer to the philosophy and practices developed by Ernst Götsch in Brazil.
Please let me know if I’ve missed any useful resources and I’ll add them here.
You might also be interested in: Getting Started with Permaculture in New Zealand
- Agroforest’ing the World From Machete to Tractor (Google Translation)
- Abundance Agroforestry
- An Illustrated Guide to Agroforestry (available in English, Portuguese and Spanish)
- Agroforestry Systems for Ecological Restoration (a technical guidebook)
- Natural Succession of Species in Agroforestry and in Soil Recovery (Ernst Götsch, 1992)
- Break-through in Agriculture (Ernst Götsch, 1994)
- Indigenous knowledge in a ‘modern’ sustainable agroforestry system — a case study from eastern Brazil (Ernst Götsch, 1994 )
- Cultivating Regeneration Agroforestry Contributions for Economic Transition (Lúcio Costa Proença, 2019)
- My notes from a workshop at Gabalah Farm in 2018
- syntropicfarms.com.au – Nice introduction to the fundamentals.
- renaturefoundation.nl – Planting water, agroforestry research at Ernst Götsch in Bahia.
- arc2020.eu – Beyond Agroforestry? An Introduction to Syntropic Farming
- holosdesign.com.au – A collection of articles by Eurico Vianna.
- Syntropic Agriculture: the Regenerative Food-Growing Method that Could Reverse Climate Change and End Hunger – An older overview focused on the big picture.
Individual videos are collected in my YouTube playlist. If you are having trouble understanding, the closed captioning can help (click the [cc] button in the video toolbar). Below are other playlists and a handful of the best resources I’ve found.
- Life in Syntropy on YouTube & Vimeo
- Gabalah Farm on YouTube
- Syntropic Farms Australia on Facebook
- Les Agron’Hommes on YouTube (only some are in English)
- Kuranda TV on YouTube
- Ernst Götsch Complete Lecture (2 hours)
- Ernst Götsch BlueVision (subtitled)
- Darren Doherty at La Loma Viva on Facebook
- Permadynamics & Tea Wakawaka (Northland, New Zealand)
- Gabalah Farm (NSW, Australia)
- Fazenda da Toca (Itirapina, Brazil)
- La Loma Viva (Granada, Spain)
- Agroforesterie Successionelle (Lacapelle-Ségalar, France)
- Namastê Messerschmidt (Brazil, Australia …)
- Scott Hall (NSW, Australia)
- Thiago Barbosa (NSW & Queensland, Australia)
- Klaus Lotz (Northland, New Zealand)
With gratitude to …
- … all the farmers, teachers, students and translators who have developed this knowledge and shared it so generously with the world.
- … Ursula Arztmann for contributing the wonderful Mediterranean infographics.
- … Roger Gietzen for pointers to helpful resources.
- … Andrew Cavanagh for sharing many links.
Originally posted at adam.nz.